I recently received another blog award. This time, the recognition was bestowed upon me by Monica from Impressions of a Princess. If you haven’t had the pleasure of reading Monica’s blog, I would encourage you to do so.
Monica recently received a Liebster Award, which most of you are familiar with as well as a Gargie Award. It looks like I can take my pick of which award to chose, or I can choose both awards. I’ve decided to go with the Gargie Award. I’ll explain why after I divulge of bit of information about the award.
The Gargie is a creation of blogger gargoylebruce from the blog thebookshelfgargoyle.
The rules of this award are quite simple:
1. Display the award badge prominently on your site….if you want.
2. Publish a post to inform the world of your great achievement…..unless you can’t be bothered.
3. Nominate some fellow bloggers (who have been outstanding in their field…figuratively or literally)….if you feel inclined.
4. Indicate to your nominees that they have received the award….provided you have completed step three.
I’m not very familiar with gargoyles or gargoyle accessories (and the gargoyle is a bit gnarly looking), but I preferred this award because:
1. It has a traceable origin.
2. I don’t have to answer or develop any questions. This really is the primary reason. It’s not that I’m opposed to answering questions or divulging items about myself that are tied to most blog awards. I just don’t have the focus to answer questions today.
3. I already have a Liebster Award. I don’t mind collecting multiple awards, but it’s fun to collect a different assortment of awards.
4. I’m always willing to support bloggers who develop their own initiatives.
5. There is no set amount of nominees I’m supposed to nominate. Actually, the whole award is fairly polite and laid-back.
6. I just activated the snow feature on the blog because I’m not planning to travel north to see the snow this year. Therefore, my blog is the only place I’m likely to see snow this holiday season. Much like the snow falling on my blog, the blog is the only place I’m likely to ever display a gargoyle.
Without further ado, here are my nominees:
http://lolosofocused.wordpress.com/ – since she decided to re-appear out of thin air
Now, if any of my winners have a strong preference for a Liebster over the Gargie – go right ahead and accept the Liebster instead. For the rules, and the questions you would have to answer, refer back to my previous Liebster post.
Thanks again to Monica from Impressions of a Princess for the honor!