With the October Spotlights handed out and the excitement of discovering some new blogs, it is now time for me to recognize awards that have been bestowed to me this month.
Before I dive into shameless self-promotion, let me just take a moment to highlight the October Spotlight winners one more time:
The first blogging award I want to acknowledge is the Bloggie’s Award by PZCODERZ. This is very similar to the Spotlight Award as PZCODERZ identifies a handful of blogs to highlight each month. Also, there are no rules – all I have to do is just enjoy the award. Thank you PZCODERZ. If you have a few moments, go check out PZCODERZ. It is a blog that focuses on tech topics. Recent posts have included a brief history of the barcode (which just turned 60) as well as tips on building strong passwords.
Next, I received a Liebster Blog Award from Cindy Knoke. The Liebster Blog Award was originally created to give to blogs with 200 followers or less. However, not all bloggers display their follower count, which makes it difficult to know who would meet this criteria. As far as I can tell, this rule has been ignored over time as it has been passed from blog to blog. FYI- Liebster is the German word for “dearest” (or so I’ve been told by the “internet”).
Thank you Cindy!
The rules of this award stipulate that you answer 11 questions posed by the person who gave you the award, then you hand out 5-11 awards and list 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
First, I’ll address the questions – which you all know is my *favorite* part of these awards. Those familiar to my blog also know I have a funny way of answering questions about myself.
- Do you believe in Global Warming? What the heck, let’s get divisive? I think the temperatures we saw this year confirm it.
- Do you think science majors are generally tougher than humanities majors? Let’s get really divisive! Hmmm….no idea. I was a social science major (Economics) and I always seemed to be the one tutoring calculus to the kids majoring in physics.
- What is the place you most want to visit? Walla Walla Washington. Not really, I just always wanted to say that.
- What historical figure do you think made the greatest contribution to the world? Whoever invented toothpaste.
- What person currently living do you think is making the greatest contribution to the world? Whoever invented Breathe Right nasal strips.
- What do you most want to accomplish in your life? Not getting horribly injured in a freak accident.
- Do you think you are in the process of doing this? Most assuredly.
- Who are three of your favorite authors? Steinbeck, Kerouac and O Henry
- Who are three of your favorite artists? Marcel Duchamp, Yves Tanguy and Joan Miró
- If you had magical power and could solve one global problem, what would it be? Ending the stipulations that you must answer questions to receive blog awards.
- Why do YOU blog? Because I can.
Next, I must nominate 5-11 other blogs. I decided to keep this at 6 because I wanted to award this to blogs that I’ve never given an award to before. With the frequency that blog awards are passed around, it became a short list of blogs.
Now… it is my turn to hand over a list of 11 questions for my nominees to answer, hahahahaha!!! Just remember, if you accept this award and answer my questions, you can come up with your own list of questions to torture your nominees. 🙂
1. This or that?
2. Here or there?
3. Do you have a favorite novel, and if so, what is it?
4. Silver or Gold?
5. What is the square root of 49?
6. Would you ever consider dumping WordPress in favor of Blogger? This is my *controversial* question.
7. When did you first realize you wanted to write?
8. Why do you blog?
9. What is one thing you’ve always told yourself you would do, but still have not done?
10. How many chucks would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
11. What is the meaning of it all?