As discovered while waiting for local route 8 at the Old Town Transit Center in San Diego.
- The bus driver has been sitting idle inside the bus with the doors closed for about 5 minutes.
- When the driver does open the doors and you try to board, he flips out and chastises you because he still has 5 minutes left of his smoke break and he needs to de-board to do this.
- The bus should have actually left the bus station about 3 minutes ago.
- It’s starting to get dark and the tourist to native ratio at the station is rapidly dwindling.
- You have two teens with you, that you’ve been entrusted to watch on vacation.
- The guy standing next to you in line with unidentifiable stains on his clothes keeps hanging up his phone that won’t stop ringing and-
- This same guy is telling the passenger next to him about how some guys keep calling him because they want to kill him.
My sincerest apologies to the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (SDMTS) who otherwise have done a wonderful job transporting me around San Diego County over the years.