On the heels of the One Lovely Blog Award, I’ve also been given the Best Follower Award. I know, we typically don’t like being described as followers in life, but this is different. This award allows bloggers to recognize some of their biggest supporters.
As bloggers, we do look to our colleagues to motivate us to become better bloggers and validate whether what we are doing adds value to anyone else’s day.
Therefore, I am very honored to accept the Best Follower Award from Jamie at Grandmother Musings.
The Rules of The Best Follower Award are as follows:
1. Thank the giver, link the page, and add the award to your site.
Done. Completed this condition above.
2. Answer the question: “Who was my first follower?”
The talented Katy Hulme of Storytelling Nomad. She found my very first post back in June 2011 and gave me the confidence to give blogging a go by liking my first posts and following my blog.
3. Pass it on to your three Best Followers.
This one is tough because I’d consider Jamie to be one of my best followers (she is also one of the bloggers who has left the most comments on my blog), but she passed the award onto me, so I had to come up with a list sans Jamie.
That was hard because I immediately thought of many other bloggers that have not only been supportive of the material I post here but have graciously promoted my blog on their sites. I’m going to bend the rules a bit and nominate 4 bloggers instead.
1. Drew Kail – I’ve passed on more than one award to Drew, and this one seems fitting because just like Katy was with me since day one of my blog, Drew discovered my blog after I ended a lengthy hiatus and started updating this blog again. It was my second post in March and first Photo Friday entry “Shopping Cart Pirate Ship”. Since then I’ve pretty much been hooked on Drew’s blog and Drew continues to be a big supporter of my blog.
2. Kaitlyn Plyley – I actually found Kaitlyn’s blogs through Storytelling Nomad. Katy at Storytelling Nomad posted about a few hilarious yet nerve racking experiences using public transportation. I had already posted a few Commuter Chronicles posts by then, so of course I found it interesting. At the end of her post, she mentioned Kaitlyn’s new blog Transports of Delight. I started following Kaitlyn’s blog and reading her posts and luckily she seems to like my blog as well.
3. Lory over at Ranting on the Lolo– I don’t even know how I found this blog. I think it may have been a WordPress search looking at other writing blogs. Anyhow, I started following and commenting on her blog and we both seemed to have built a mutual admiration for each other’s work over the past few months.
4. Pat at I Miss Me, Too – Unlike the other bloggers I’ve mentioned here that I’ve known for at least a few months, Pat started her blog about a month ago. Pat found my blog and I’m so glad she did. She runs an amazing blog and never fails to find time to hop on over to my blog and leave a comment.
There are several other bloggers out there that I am getting to know as the weeks go by and that are becoming regular visitors here. Some of those bloggers include: Akanksha at Mirrored Self and The Reasoning, Keerthika Singaravel at Wealthy Matters, Archon at Archon’s Den, and John at Shaven Wookie to name a few. I value all my visitors and would love to extend this award out to everyone who either regularly or even occasionally reads my blog if I could. I guess I’ll just have to keep spotlighting blogs each month until I reach all of you!