My first nomination came in last Thursday from Priscilla over at Online Dating Journal. She bestowed the Versatile Blogger Award onto my blog. We were both nominated for the Sunshine Award by Lolo over at Ranting on the Lolo. I started getting likes from Priscilla so I checked out her work. She has a very frank and candid blog which is not for the faint of heart. But if you aren’t bothered by the mature nature of the blog, her posts are pretty funny. She’s also very supportive of other bloggers.
Before I could start rounding up a list of nominees, I received the One Lovely Blog Award from Drew Kail on Saturday. I then received a second One Lovely Blog award from Jamie at Grandmother Musings on Sunday.
The blogs of the three bloggers who nominated me this past week couldn’t be more different from each other which is the beauty of being immersed in the blogging community. Expanding upon my 3-part bloggiversary posts, blogging is an amazing way to not only share one’s voice with others but help build that voice by observing and learning from one’s blogging colleagues.
Although these aren’t the first nominations I’ve received, I continue to be surprised when someone out there receives one of these nominations and thinks to pass on an award to me. I’m ever so grateful that even one person is paying attention to what I’m doing.
Now, both the Versatile Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog Award have the exact same rules. Those rules are:
–Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link. See above.
– Name 7 random things about yourself. I’m only naming 7 random things – see #2, I can’t muddle through 21 separate items right now.
1. The first thing I did when I got home today was take picture of a massive plant-like thing growing in my front yard so I can take it to a nursery to identify. Seriously, it looks like it could be some type of conifer or succulent, but deep down I fear it may just be a massive weed that looks like a tree.
2. For some reason I’m having a really hard time writing down 7 random things. So that’s a thing.
3. I know how to use a soldering iron. At one point and time I also knew how to read a schematic. This is one of those things that my brain deleted to make room for new stuff.
4. My favorite job to date was being a graduate research assistant. It was great – salary + free tuition + full medical. It gets hard to make a career out of that because they eventually expect you to graduate and move on. Harsh.
5. And to build on #4, I couldn’t stomach doing a PhD at the time either to stay on the university gravy train. I can handle doing one project for a couple of months, but not years.
6. I like drinking hot coffee in the summertime. The hot, dry air just seems to bring out the coffee aroma even more.
7. I loved Edgar Allen Poe stories as a kid. I re-read some of my favorite Poe stories about 5 years ago and… I didn’t like them as much. I plan to re-read Poe again to make a final decision.
– Pass the recognition to 15 blogs you enjoy and let them know.
I’ll compromise – instead of naming 45 blogs, I’ll do 25. 13 for the Versatile Blogger Award and 12 for the One Lovely Blog Award. I tried for 30 but I just couldn’t think anymore. Yes, there will be some blogs nominated that I’ve mentioned before but there are also a good amount of new blogs never before mentioned here. Hey – I can only discover so many new blogs each week! Also, because I have 2 awards here, I can nominate the bloggers who nominated me for the other award. Hahahahaha!!!!!!!
Versatile Blogger Award
- Yustdesign – I have to add a blurb here about this awesome blog about design and space and architecture, etc… I’m still trying to wrap my brain around some of this stuff. Parasite offices? Not what you think – it’s a structure built in-between structures. I saw what a parasite office was thanks to Yustdesign.
- Elli Chortara Illustrations
- Shaven Wookie
- Lightening Pen
- Women Fiction Writers
- Goldey’s Blog
- Coco J. Ginger
- Edilio Ciclostile
- Music for Offices
- 1001 Scribbles
- Grandmother Musings
- Drew Kail
One Lovely Blog Award